Gibson Brands Forums

guttin a squire.

buddy light

took apart my squire and put new texas specials in with all new knobs, pots, pickguard, toggle switch and heavy guage wire. next is a strat neck. believe it or not the things sounds pretty good. big diff from the original crap. i like the texas specials but not in luv with em, a bit too crunchy. i know, i know, its a squire. thought ya might like some pics, i do.

start the bashing now. . guitar018.jpg

guitar020.jpg

guitar024.jpg

guitar025.jpg

guitar029.jpg

guitar030.jpg

took apart my squire and put new texas specials in with all new knobs' date=' pots, pickguard, toggle switch and heavy guage wire. next is a strat neck. believe it or not the things sounds pretty good. big diff from the original crap. i like the texas specials but not in luv with em, a bit too crunchy. i know, i know, its a squire. thought ya might like some pics, i do.

start the bashing now. . [img']http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii408/jfm1905/guitar018.jpg[/img]

guitar020.jpg

guitar024.jpg

guitar025.jpg

guitar029.jpg

guitar030.jpg

Mine doesn't sound too bad either. O:)

I got an SG now.

DSC_0077-1.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

I like squirrel.

Gutting them is no big deal, they have small guts. Getting any meat out of them is a different thing. They are like tree rats, really, rodents.

Some people shoot them with shotguns, I prefer a .22. You don't have to mess with the b.b.'s. Just shoot em' in the head.

You gut em' like you would a rabbit, actually.

Takes a bunch to make a meal, though......

Best of luck.

Murph.

I like squirrel.

Gutting them is no big deal' date=' they have small guts. Getting any meat out of them is a different thing. They are like tree rats, really, rodents.

Some people shoot them with shotguns, I prefer a .22. You don't have to mess with the b.b.'s. Just shoot em' in the head.

You gut em' like you would a rabbit, actually.

Takes a bunch to make a meal, though......

Best of luck.

Murph.

[/quote']

HAHAHAHA!!!

Nice work. Looks like a fun project. I once got a Squire Strat for 20 bucks with a broken pickguard. I bought a new pickguard for 10 bucks and put it back together and hated it. So then i traded it in when i was buying my MIM Jazz Bass for 167$ store credit.

Oh, and me and my brother shoot my other fake strat with BB guns too. A real gun would be a bit hard to get here though.

Nice work. Looks like a fun project. I once got a Squire Strat for 20 bucks with a broken pickguard. I bought a new pickguard for 10 bucks and put it back together and hated it. So then i traded it in when i was buying my MIM Jazz Bass for 167$ store credit.

Oh' date=' and me and my brother shoot my other fake strat with BB guns too. A real gun would be a bit hard to get here though.[/quote']

my dog eats westies for breakfast.

DSC00150-1.jpg

If the crunchy tone is not to taste, you might try one of your old pickups in the neck position.

I only wish I had taken pictures of my dog climbing a tree, which went horizontal, he then leapt and snatched the king-sized rat that had his nest at the top.

After that, you never saw a happier pooch, tail-wagging, the rat, with a quick shake of the dog's head, his neck was broken, it was then off to the bushes.

Archived