Gibson Brands Forums

Wow bayoubengal......

Murph

You left a link to YOUR Holly Beach song on another thread. I had no idea...

https://soundcloud.com/nolamericana/holly-beach.

I wrote mine when I lived in Lake Charles around 1993.

We go back down every year or so as my wife's Mother lives in Westlake. I re-wrote some of it, including the last verse AFTER "Rita".

I gigged one of the big old Beachfront Porches around 1993 during the "August Fest" with Double Aught when everybody would drink and drive around the roads all day, with the back of pickups filled with water (plastic lined) and other drunken shinanigans, and the cops would actually stay away and let it happen, just don't try to leave and go to Cameron, or up 27 to Sulphur. There was no escape if you pulled out on the pavement.

I love your song, and it is a part of my life I am glad I got to live and people simply don't believe that stuff.

Here's mine for people who missed both.

You left a link to YOUR Holly Beach song on another thread. I had no idea...

https://soundcloud.com/nolamericana/holly-beach.

I wrote mine when I lived in Lake Charles around 1993.

We go back down every year or so as my wife's Mother lives in Westlake. I re-wrote some of it, including the last verse AFTER "Rita".

I gigged one of the big old Beachfront Porches around 1993 during the "August Fest" with Double Aught when everybody would drink and drive around the roads all day, with the back of pickups filled with water (plastic lined) and other drunken shinanigans, and the cops would actually stay away and let it happen, just don't try to leave and go to Cameron, or up 27 to Sulphur. There was no escape if you pulled out on the pavement.

I love your song, and it is a part of my life I am glad I got to live and people simply don't believe that stuff.

Here's mine for people who missed both.

Murph---

I know, right? After listening to your "Used Up" track, which was great I started checking out your other tracks and saw "Holly Beach (The Cajun Riveria)". I had just posted my link in your other thread with my "Holly Beach" song. I thought "This is so cool" and checked it out and loved it. I noticed the Hurricane Rita reference. As you can tell I didn't write mine until early 2006 (for anyone else not in the know, Hurricane Rita hit in September of 2005).

I remembered you had mentioned before you had lived near Lake Charles years ago. I grew up In Shreveport, but my Mom grew up in Lake Arthur, South of Jennings. She used to go to Holly Beach as a little girl, so I wrote the song for her. I now live in New Orleans, but I gig twice a month in Lake Charles. Let me know if you ever get down this way!

Archived