Gibson Brands Forums

2002 Gibson Advanced Jumbo Brazilian

eeh1

This is the first guitar that I have had that has 13 d'addarios. I think I woke the neighbours. This canon is even more with mediums.

Question: I know the back and sides are brazilian but it onlysays luthiers choice AJ on the label. I have seen other 2002 brazilians marked the sameway.Is this normal?

This is the first guitar that I have had that has 13 d'addarios. I think I woke the neighbours. This canon is even more with mediums.

Question: I know the back and sides are brazilian but it onlysays luthiers choice AJ on the label. I have seen other 2002 brazilians marked the sameway.Is this normal?

What other information were you expecting? Is there a serial number on the label?

I have played several Luthier's Choice models that did specify wood type on the label (Braz, Cocobolo, Madi, etc) and several that didn't. I can only chalk it up to the person typing up the orange label that day. I have a special edition j-45 that specifies braz/adi on the label.

I have played several Luthier's Choice models that did specify wood type on the label (Braz' date=' Cocobolo, Madi, etc) and several that didn't. I can only chalk it up to the person typing up the orange label that day. I have a special edition j-45 that specifies braz/adi on the label.[/quote']

I stand corrected. I just checked a couple of mine and some of them do have the wood types specified.

I just checked a couple of mine and some of them do have the wood types specified.

I think this started in the last few years. All the recent LC AJs I've seen specify the wood (Mad, Koa, ...), but none of the older ones (including my 2002 Braz/Adi) do.

-- Bob R

That comes from having way too many guitars Mike..... :-

You're probably right. Or, it could just be that I just don't look at the label very often. The only time I really look at it is when it's new and I want to verify that the serial number on the label matches the one stamped on the guitar.

Archived