Gibson Brands Forums

New nectar machine in the roost...'90 Bird

Jinder

Hey jinder

Did Glenn have the 78 d25 guild while you were with him ?

Just browsing there and think I'm a little bit in love

The double guard one? He did but I didn't play it...looks a beauty though. The Martin J40M he has I played and absolutely loved, that's a wonderful sounding and playing instrument. He has an Atkin Jumbo which is incredible too, almost ridiculously dynamic and three dimensional. A bit too much so for me, but would be a real Swiss Army knife guitar for the right player.

The double guard one? He did but I didn't play it...looks a beauty though. The Martin J40M he has I played and absolutely loved, that's a wonderful sounding and playing instrument. He has an Atkin Jumbo which is incredible too, almost ridiculously dynamic and three dimensional. A bit too much so for me, but would be a real Swiss Army knife guitar for the right player.

Yeah that's it

Wouldn't be double guard if I owned it though 🤔

Just wondering

One of these days I'm gonna get on a boat and go see him.

Yeah that's it

Wouldn't be double guard if I owned it though 🤔

Just wondering

One of these days I'm gonna get on a boat and go see him.

You owe it to yourself to pay him a visit, I've had some stellar guitars from Glenn over the years and it's just such a fantastic way to try and buy instruments. He deals from home and has a very comfortable and acoustically superb living room with a big rack of great guitars in it, and a store room with another 80 or so squirrelled away. Not everything is listed on his site and he'll occasionally disappear and return with a guitar that'll blow your mind. He's worked in vintage guitar sales for many years and is incredibly perceptive as to what guitars suit which players, he's never steered me wrong and several times I've gone to buy one guitar and have left with something entirely different and unexpected, but that suits me perfectly.

Archived