Gibson Brands Forums

ES-339 Figured?

Murph

Anybody have one? I see MF has one color ready to ship.

I also noticed the caramel is now back ordered on the plain top, but the red and vintage burst is in stock.

I've never seen a figured one in person.

Best to ya.

Murph.

Didn't want you to have zero replies, Murph.

But no, I've never seen a figured one in real life. It's hard enough to find a regular 339 on the shelves because Gibson decided not to actually sell them so they're only available through one retailer (in the States anyway). Is production so low that they can't offer them to regular dealers with knowledgeable staff and some semblance of customer service?

I do have a wonderful red cherry, I'd be glad to share some pictures but I'm a bad photographer and in no one shot so far you could see the beauty of the maple top.

When I bought it in december 08 (it actually is a Christmas gift from my wife. Yes, I'm a happy guy: such a guitar and such a woman...) it was the last 339 left in Italy as far as I know. Some time before I was searching for and found the last plain top antique red but somebody bought it while I was thinking about spending the money.

Now there's just one 339 available in italian shops, a plain antique red sold (or better: unsold) on Ebay at 2.399 Euro which is twice its current price.

Francesco

Thanks Bob. I was getting, you know.........

Francesco, figure out the picture thing. Not that I can. Took me 5 months to do my Avatar. I don't know how people find the time to post some of the crap they do.......

Whoops.

Murph.

Archived