Gibson Brands Forums

Es150 1936 (uk)

Robuk

Hi from UK and it's good to join you.

I'm a great fan of Gibson guitars and have just been lucky enough to acquire a rather shabby es150 from 1956 which is pretty much intact. Does anyone know how many 150s were made in 1936? I'm guessing that it wasn't really documented but mebbe soneone out there knows.......

Robuk

Hello and welcome to the forum. While I can't help you with what you asked maybe Gibson customer service could. When I asked about a question concerning my Les Paul GT S they had all the records on it telling me whatever I wanted to know. Might give it a try if you already haven't. You can send them a Email at: service@gibson.com or just call Gibson Customer Service at: 1-800-4GIBSON good luck.

Hi

Can anyone help me please with advice on how to clean and tidy up my newly acquired but slightly shabby 1936 ES 150. Specifically the spruce top is dull but with nice patina. The same with the maple topside. Also the tuners are heavily tarnished and the headstock black is worn and faded. Any advice welcome as this is my first serious vintage.. . Or should I just leave well alone?

Many thanks

Robuk

Hi

Can anyone help me please with advice on how to clean and tidy up my newly acquired but slightly shabby 1936 ES 150. Specifically the spruce top is dull but with nice patina. The same with the maple topside. Also the tuners are heavily tarnished and the headstock black is worn and faded. Any advice welcome as this is my first serious vintage.. . Or should I just leave well alone?

Many thanks

Robuk

Welcome Robuk....that's a vintage guitar you have...congrats. There is a restoration section on here. That might be a good place to ask your questions. Good luck.

Archived