Gibson Brands Forums

Gary Moore ''Separate Ways'' live

Rabs

I Chuckle when I watch Gary Play. I used to play covers with some older guys. When you're sittin around bullshitin havin few drinks and going over a set list, my mind would wander to my guitar...and start messing with different picks or try a new run, the guys would say...its Gary Moore and start clowning on me...

Or When I didn't know a solo...they'd tell me to just Gary Moore it...Which was code for overplay the hell out of it, but look like you're kinda sorry that's what ur doin.

I love Gary Moore. Plays with a set of balls.

I Chuckle when I watch Gary Play. I used to play covers with some older guys. When you're sittin around bullshitin havin few drinks and going over a set list, my mind would wander to my guitar...and start messing with different picks or try a new run, the guys would say...its Gary Moore and start clowning on me...

Or When I didn't know a solo...they'd tell me to just Gary Moore it...Which was code for overplay the hell out of it, but look like you're kinda sorry that's what ur doin.

I love Gary Moore. Plays with a set of balls.

Yes he does.. But why hes so brilliant (I think) is that he does it all.. The soft gentle stuff and the balls out stuff... Its such a rare talent. Id say Jeff Beck is up there with his total control of the instrument and while he has his outbursts, Gary was just rude with it... Right in your face and unapologetically so.. :)

Archived