Gibson Brands Forums

Saddle notches

Nate Henderson

Got pics?

The bridge was almost certainly replaced by a brand-new one. You know this because the bridge is unslotted. Only newly ordered tune-o-matic bridges are unslotted. And Gibson slot all their bridges like any normal human being would do.

That's the thing with acquiring preowned instruments: you never know what cat's hidden inside the bag until you do.

Got pics?

The bridge was almost certainly replaced by a brand-new one. You know this because the bridge is unslotted. Only newly ordered tune-o-matic bridges are unslotted. And Gibson slot all their bridges like any normal human being would do.

That's the thing with acquiring preowned instruments: you never know what cat's hidden in the bag until you do.

It looks like the original to me. It says "GIBSON ABR-1" underneath.

post-85773-022250800 1530094751_thumb.jpg

post-85773-061510700 1530094804_thumb.jpg

It's hard to see if there are slots if the strings are still on. But if you say there are none, then that's the case we're dealing with. You can order a new original Gibson tune-o-matic bridge from almost any place these days. I find it impossible to believe that any Les Paul would leave the factory with an unslotted bridge like that.

Be it as it may, you better get that bridge slotted professionally rather sooner than later for maintaining string spacing, proper string height matching the fretboard radius, and for altogether staying in tune without your strings sliding around.

Its kind of hard to see here but most of the saddles have a very shallow not where the string was, which I assumed was just wear from the string being there.

it is soft enough that the string will leave a grove.

hope you can find someone to regulate that properly.

Archived