Gibson Brands Forums

A new toy

Lars68

Do you mean your ETL doesn't pick up those sounds? I find that mine picks up everything! I can easily hear, for example, the clothes dryer running in the other end of the house. Doesn't matter because my recording is for practice purposes, but I am curious.

The mic is not nearly as sensitive as the condensor I used before. With the other mic everything around me had to be dead quiet. Now there can be some noice going on in other parts of the house, but my voice + guitar will cover them up much better. I don't know how or what that translates to in terms of technical specifications, but it is very apparent to me when using the mic. The Myrtle is designed mainly to be used as a single stage live mic for small acoustic groups so it makes sense that it is not so sensitive, in order to avoid feedback on stage. All of this is of course in comparison to my previous mic, an Aston Origin condensor.

Lars

I can't speak about the difference between Josephine and Edwina or Myrtle. I can speak about the ambient noise differences between Myrtle and Edwina. Edwina was like gsa described Josephine. Edwina could pickup anything in the house, street, air, etc. Myrtle does not do so nearly to the extent that Edwina does.

I would have thought that Josephine and Myrtle would be very similar with regards to picking up ambient noise.

Archived