Gibson Brands Forums

Case for B-25

Rodger Boyce

FYI: that Martin 000 seems to fit in my LG/B-25 cases, but not vice-versa. Also, I know you are looking for a hard case, but I thought I'd share that for convenience sake, I'm often putting my LG in the Blues King soft case for short car trips. That is a nice fit too--and it says "Gibson" on it. Hope this info is helpful.

Thanks to all for the input. Believe it or not, I still have my B-25 in its original pasteboard case, but after 43 years, that old case has become pretty dilapidated.

Also, FYI, the original PICKGUARD on my B-25 came loose and was accidentally broken with pieces lost many years ago. I have had a helluva time finding a replacement except from suppliers who said I would have to make a "tracing" so they could custom make it. Finally, I saw a replacement guard offered by Luthiers Mercantile International. It's a Tor-Tis guard offered mainly for the J200, but it is EXACTLY the same as the one on my B-25 and several other Gibson models I think. (Two are shown at lower left in the photo with posts from nid2007.) You can even print out TO SCALE a pattern (to confirm that it fits) and choose from several different colors. Go to http://www.lmii.com/CartTwo/thirdproducts.asp?searchtext=pickguards&Submit=Quick+Search&NameProdHeader=Tor%2DTis%99+Pickguards

It's the "Large" model and the stock is PGTOR3.

Archived