Gibson Brands Forums

difference between small and super jumbo

stguiard

hello everybody

Sorry for my english.

I'm actually looking for the best guitar in the world, and I think that gibson is the one.

the SJ200 is such a beautiful guitar but too expensive for me. I'm interesting by the EMMYLOU HARRIS L200 which seems to be the same than the SJ200.

My question is what is the difference between those two guitars. how much is the SJ200 bigger than the L 200?

thank for your help

Sorry, stguiard, to not have an answer to your question. I tried to find that info by searching for specs for both guitars on the new Gibson website, but no specs are given for any guitar there.

Does anyone know if Gibson acoustic specs are available anywhere on the internet? I haven't been able to find any.

Et ne vous inquiétez pas pour votre anglais -- il est parfait (au moins dans le message ci-dessus).

Hi!

I don't know exactly the difference, but I am sure that there is no better than Gibson SJ 200, like mine...

I have it from e-bay (well, the risk is a risk... but there are luthiers!)

Et je t'assure que ton anglais est vraiement tres bien! Mais il parait que tu peux ecrire en Francais egalement [-X/

Gibson is The Guitar!

Hi stguiard,one major difference is the L200 ia a 24.75 scale compared to the sj200 is 25.50 scale length. The L200 is based on the LC series which is closer to 15.25 lower bout compared with the 17" lower bout of the sj200,also the body depth on the L200 is not as deep as the sj200,as i recall the differnce in depth is around 1/4 -3/8". hope that helps. Chris

Hi stguiard' date='one major difference is the L200 ia a 24.75 scale compared to the sj200 is 25.50 scale length. The L200 is based on the LC series which is closer to 15.25 lower bout compared with the 17" lower bout of the sj200,also the body depth on the L200 is not as deep as the sj200,as i recall the differnce in depth is around 1/4 -3/8". hope that helps. Chris[/quote']

Chris -- where to find this info for these and other Gibsons?

Chris -- where to find this info for these and other Gibsons?

I know "Gibson Electrics: The Classic Years" has comprehensive info on the electric line. Someone should write a companion piece on the Acoustic line from the '20s to present day.

I know "Gibson Electrics: The Classic Years" has comprehensive info on the electric line. Someone should write a companion piece on the Acoustic line from the '20s to present day.

It won't get you all the way to the present day, but "Gibson's Fabulous Flat-Top Guitars: an Illustrated History & Guide" by Eldon Whitford, David Vinopla and Dan Erlewine is, err, a fabulous book. The Copyright on my copy is 1994.

Archived