Gibson Brands Forums

Output Level

docr

By using the same DI-Box+PA channel with unchanged settings if have coincidentally registered that the Anthem pickup installed in my SJ200 has about 15 dB less output level than the VTC in my Hummingbird (volume potis of both pickups full open). Have checked the battery of the Anthem, the LED chain says "full". Can anyone else confirm this observation? Could not find too much about output signals in the manuals.

Background is the thread about problems with amplification of my SJ200 I have started some days ago and the tips I have received. The much lower Signal could be an indicator of some malfunction.

By using the same DI-Box+PA channel with unchanged settings if have coincidentally registered that the Anthem pickup installed in my SJ200 has about 15 dB less output level than the VTC in my Hummingbird (volume potis of both pickups full open). Have checked the battery of the Anthem, the LED chain says "full". Can anyone else confirm this observation? Could not find too much about output signals in the manuals.

Background is the thread about problems with amplification of my SJ200 I have started some days ago and the tips I have received. The much lower Signal could be an indicator of some malfunction.

The mic only inset screw wide open as well?

It's a low signal when speaking DB/volume levels, but it is a very hot signal. Kind of like listening to a low volume recording of someone playing their guitar aggressively. I have not done side by side volume level test with mine, but I certainly can and will if you need.

PB

The mic only inset screw wide open as well?

It's a low signal when speaking DB/volume levels, but it is a very hot signal. Kind of like listening to a low volume recording of someone playing their guitar aggressively. I have not done side by side volume level test with mine, but I certainly can and will if you need.

PB

Thank you for the answer. I will check the screw next Weekend as the guitar is in my rehearsal room. Your description with the "hot Signal" is the main thing. And in addition as I need at least 45 dB Input gain amplification this is a "hot" signal in the mixer, too.

I will come back to your offer to compare your guitars if I find no explanation on my SJ200.

Doc

Archived