Gibson Brands Forums

Soundhole pickup and a Fishman Aura

livemusic

Just wondering... I have a Fishman Aura DI box that has the selector for various modeled tones. I have a number of guitars that have no pickup but I do have soundhole pickup I bought maybe ten years ago, made by Lawrence. If you ran it through the Aura, do you think it could sound decent or is this a dumb idea lol. Now, I gotta find that Lawrence, it's somewhere amongst all of my boxes of stuff!

I had one for quite a while, just recently moved it on as I found I was using soundhole pickups more and more, which tended to jive better with my Boss AD10 rather than the Aura.

Passive soundhole pickups didn't work well with the Aura in my opinion...the Rare Earth (an active pickup) I have was improved marginally by the Aura, but more so by the "acoustic resonance" function on the AD10.

As EA said, it's primarily for undersaddle pickups. I think you're best to try anything you like into it and see if you like the results, but I think you'll definitely get the best out of it with a Matrix Infinity or Element. It's a great system, the Aura-really improves UST tone.

I had one for quite a while, just recently moved it on as I found I was using soundhole pickups more and more, which tended to jive better with my Boss AD10 rather than the Aura.

Passive soundhole pickups didn't work well with the Aura in my opinion...the Rare Earth (an active pickup) I have was improved marginally by the Aura, but more so by the "acoustic resonance" function on the AD10.

As EA said, it's primarily for undersaddle pickups. I think you're best to try anything you like into it and see if you like the results, but I think you'll definitely get the best out of it with a Matrix Infinity or Element. It's a great system, the Aura-really improves UST tone.

Jinder, do you have an opinion of the K&K Pure Mini in this regard? You think the Matrix Infinity or Element is superior?

Archived