Gibson Brands Forums

Heading to Nashville

Bobbyc5150

Im coming to Nashville next month, via new orleans and memphis.Im in Chester in the UK and a proud double les paul owner. Im really disapointed that the gibson tours have stopped as they have relocated the memphis branch, I'm wondering is there any 'must see' places where i could perhaps see some vintage gibspns whilst im in the states. Any help much appreciated, thanks, Rob

Hey, Bobbyc5150! Nashville is home to the famed Gruhn Guitars shop. I know you can see lots of pricey guitars for sale there! Also, you may want to visit the Parthenon...it's a reconstruction of the one on the Acropolis in Athens, Greece. If you've got time and can travel a couple of hours, go to the Songbirds guitar museum in Chattanooga! They have a gigantic collection which includes the world's largest collection of '58-'59 Les Pauls! I hope you have fun while you're here! Be safe and let us know how your adventure turns out. Also, check out Carter Vintage Guitars! Cheers!

Hey, Bobbyc5150! Nashville is home to the famed Gruhn Guitars shop. I know you can see lots of pricey guitars for sale there! Also, you may want to visit the Parthenon...it's a reconstruction of the one on the Acropolis in Athens, Greece. If you've got time and can travel a couple of hours, go to the Songbirds guitar museum in Chattanooga! They have a gigantic collection which includes the world's largest collection of '58-'59 Les Pauls! I hope you have fun while you're here! Be safe and let us know how your adventure turns out. Also, check out Carter Vintage Guitars! Cheers!

Dude, exactly the kind of info i need Thanks.

And, it goes without saying, you should probably visit the Ryman Auditorium while you are here.

It's only the best musical venue I have ever seen in my life.

If you keep in touch, I will gladly travel the hour and change north to see whatever band you find playing there while you are visiting.

Avoid the tourist spots.

Stick to Broadway, and enjoy the honky-tonk bars and old clubs.

I am totally in, if you want some local company.

:)

Archived