Gibson Brands Forums

Trying to authenticate a SHERATON 11 VS

DENACREKID

Hi All. Just joined the forum and put my first post on the Epiphone Lounge forum,but been advised I may get a better response here.. I am trying to authenticate a SHERATON 11VS I purchased 8/9 years ago on E-Bay.I don't play electric guitar but this thing was so beautiful i just had to have it .I have never played it but now decided to get to know it a bit better.I am trying to authenticate it . It has an orange oval stiker inside bearing the number 0907212100 but it has no number imprinted on the reverse of the headstock. Is this normal or should I expect to see an imprinted number.? I don't think it is a fake because the build quality is amazing and I can't find any reports on the internet of fake Sheratons.Plenty of Les Pauls but no Sheratons. Anyone able to comment please.?

Hi All. Just joined the forum and put my first post on the Epiphone Lounge forum,but been advised I may get a better response here.. I am trying to authenticate a SHERATON 11VS I purchased 8/9 years ago on E-Bay.I don't play electric guitar but this thing was so beautiful i just had to have it .I have never played it but now decided to get to know it a bit better.I am trying to authenticate it . It has an orange oval stiker inside bearing the number 0907212100 but it has no number imprinted on the reverse of the headstock. Is this normal or should I expect to see an imprinted number.? I don't think it is a fake because the build quality is amazing and I can't find any reports on the internet of fake Sheratons.Plenty of Les Pauls but no Sheratons. Anyone able to comment please.?

By that serial number, your Epiphone Sharaton II VS was built at the Unsung Plant in Korea sometime in July of 2009.

The serial number on an orange interior sticker sounds right.

You should not expect to see the serial number imprinted into the wood on the back of the head stock.

:)

I have one from the same factory built in 04, amazing feel and quality. Mine has the serial number on the sticker and on the back of the head in gold, not embossed. I know they stopped printing the number on the back but not sure when, maybe around the time they switched production of Sheraton to China?

Get playing, I'm sure you have a beauty.

The only new epiphone I've personally seen with embossed serial numbers are the Joe B firebird 1.

I have one from the same factory built in 04, amazing feel and quality. Mine has the serial number on the sticker and on the back of the head in gold, not embossed. I know they stopped printing the number on the back but not sure when, maybe around the time they switched production of Sheraton to China?

Get playing, I'm sure you have a beauty.

The only new epiphone I've personally seen with embossed serial numbers are the Joe B firebird 1.

Hi Matt,thanks for your input.I'm an Acoustic player but I saw this on E-Bay and thought I'd never seen such a beautiful thing so I had to buy it. I've had it in it's case since I got it ,apart from many brief exposures to admire it and show it off. It appears to have been manufactured in 2009 so it must have been almost new when I got it and it certainly shows no sign of wear . Well I now need to get using it.

Archived