Gibson Brands Forums

Roger Fisher's Double-Neck Is For Sale

Midnight Blues

Just received this e-mail from Roger Fisher's (a founding member of the band Heart) website the other day. The most beautiful double-neck (IMHO) is for sale:

"Rog’s Masterpiece - Vintage Doubleneck Guitar

midnight-blues-albums-my-pictures-picture37988-roger-fisher-double-neck.jpeg

In 1972, I was living in Vancouver, BC with the world-class luthier, Ed Myronyk.

After some lengthy creative brainstorming, I proposed that we take my classic Gibson SG, slice off the top horn, and construct a 12-string neck to laminate between the body and horn. 26 coats of nitrocellulose later, we had crafted what is possibly the most unique doubleneck guitar on the planet. This is a VERY special guitar to me, having designed and overseen the custom build nearly 50 years ago.

This incredible guitar was used to record Love Alive, and it became a signature instrument at every Heart show during the 1970's, including Cal Jam II, the Dallas Cotton Bowl, Denver's Mile High Stadium, Central Park, NY and The Forum in LA. You now have the opportunity to own a priceless, one-of-a-kind piece of Rock and Roll History.

All proceeds from the sale will fund - THE ONE VISION PROJECT.

Vintage Doubleneck Guitar - 100K

INQUIRE HERE roger@rogerfisher.com"

If only I had $100K...

Them guys were DEADLY. Him and Howard OWNED whatever building that band played in. Some of the best shows me and Mrs ever saw in our lives, and that was before 1980.

rct

Them guys were DEADLY. Him and Howard OWNED whatever building that band played in. Some of the best shows me and Mrs ever saw in our lives, and that was before 1980.

rct

I saw them in the ‘70s as well. They were a great tandem for sure! After Roger “left” the band though, I kind of lost interest in Heart.

Archived