Gibson Brands Forums

Joe Bonamassa "Treasure" Firebird 1 defect

Kwall

I'm hoping someone here can steer me in the right direction.

I purchased new & via pre-order a Joe Bonamassa “Treasure” Firebird 1 mostly as a collectible and because I am a fan of both the Firebird and of Joe Bonamassa. When I first received the guitar I noticed the strings were not properly aligned with the neck but at first glance I thought this was due to the saddles not being notched correctly which I didn't consider a serious issue. It was playable though the low E had a strange sound to it. I have several other guitars and a single pickup didn't really do it for me so it has mostly sat since I bought it.

But I’ve only recently taken a closer look and see that the tailpiece/bridge post drilling locations are significantly skewed to one side. I suppose this might also explain why the low E sounded dead as it's too far to the end of the pickup. And yes, I feel stupid for not having inspected the guitar closer when I first noticed the string location skew. I've been at this way too long to miss something like that.

This is obviously a manufacturing defect. Wouldn't this be covered by the limited Lifetime Guarantee?

I've contacted both Epiphone Customer Service and the Joe Bonamassa Official Store several times each but have yet to receive a response.

Can anyone offer advice as to who I should be contacting to try and get this rectified? I don't know if Epiphone would repair the guitar, or the JB Store take it back (doubtful?). I'm presuming the JB Store is considered an Authorized Epiphone Dealer?

Any advice is appreciated, thank you.

Kwall

I'm hoping someone here can steer me in the right direction.

I purchased new & via pre-order a Joe Bonamassa “Treasure” Firebird 1 mostly as a collectible and because I am a fan of both the Firebird and of Joe Bonamassa. When I first received the guitar I noticed the strings were not properly aligned with the neck but at first glance I thought this was due to the saddles not being notched correctly which I didn't consider a serious issue. It was playable though the low E had a strange sound to it. I have several other guitars and a single pickup didn't really do it for me so it has mostly sat since I bought it.

But I’ve only recently taken a closer look and see that the tailpiece/bridge post drilling locations are significantly skewed to one side. I suppose this might also explain why the low E sounded dead as it's too far to the end of the pickup. And yes, I feel stupid for not having inspected the guitar closer when I first noticed the string location skew. I've been at this way too long to miss something like that.

This is obviously a manufacturing defect. Wouldn't this be covered by the limited Lifetime Guarantee?

I've contacted both Epiphone Customer Service and the Joe Bonamassa Official Store several times each but have yet to receive a response.

Can anyone offer advice as to who I should be contacting to try and get this rectified? I don't know if Epiphone would repair the guitar, or the JB Store take it back (doubtful?). I'm presuming the JB Store is considered an Authorized Epiphone Dealer?

Any advice is appreciated, thank you.

Kwall

Not too sure I fully understand your problem, I have the same guitar, luckily mine is perfect. The bridge posts on mine are roughly 4mm from the raised centre block section of the body on both sides. If yours are off centre, which is what I think your saying, then surely the bass side post bushing is either extremely close to the edge or is partly off?

How do the strings line up on the last fret?

Archived