Gibson Brands Forums

Hello from me and Henry L. Mason!

Hello and welcome. Oddly enough that looks more like a Harmony or Silvertone guitar.  Check with a local luthier for bridge pins for a match. They usually have a drawer full. Where are you located ? That could be helpful as well. Is it ebony? Dyed wood or plastic. I have more than a few and would be happy to send a few.

Thks Alias. They are ebony with MOP inlay. Had it set up at McCabes in Santa Monica. Was told Gibson made these lower end guitars for many different music stores including Mason and Hamlin in the 1930's.  headstock says Henry L. Mason. Solid Spruce top, mahogany back and sides. Baseball bat neck. 

2019-05-24 10.53.30.jpg

Ok, supposedly it was built by Gibson in Kalamazoo and shipped to Coastal Music in California in late '30s , according to Gibson's ledger.
Henry L Mason guitars were distributed exclusively to Coastal Music in California and were only made for a few years. They were essentially the same as the Cromwell guitars and similar to some models of Kalamazoo guitars that were also made by Gibson. Maybe the pick guard was added later (screwed on, not glued) as doesn't look like typical ones.

Okay, headstock shot always clears up a little bit. I have only ever seen archtops with the Mason moniker. Post it in the "Acoustic" sub forum. There are knowledgeable folks there that may be able to help. As for bridge pins (ebony w/MOP dots), with that profile I have none. Good luck!