Gibson Brands Forums

Just bought my first Gibson...

Cranks

3 hours ago, Cranks said:

Ha ha, a David Gray quote - love it! I love that whole album.  drathbun's list makes me want to go learn Turn Turn Turn and some others today. 

I heard Carry On yesterday by CSNY and was trying to figure that out. It's a half step down tuning appears to be EBE for the low strings, but I am not convinced on the tuning of the upper 3 yet.

Yes. CSN "Carry On" is in E modal tuning dropped a 1/2 step to Eb, so Eb Eb Eb Eb Eb Eb 

Jerry shows how to tune your guitar for this song in his free intro to how to play the song:

4 hours ago, Cranks said:

Wow, I'd never heard Even In The Quietest Moments before. What a great song, and what an excellent cover you do. Your voice sounds really good, and you really hold down all the picking well, that's a lot of work. We should play together sometime (where are you located?). We play a lot of the same music (I can play the six string part and sing harmony on Wish You Were Here), and you could teach me some great songs!

LOL! Thanks! Sounds like a plan. Drive north to Canada and take a left, straight on until you see a cloud of smoke and you're in Calgary! 🙂

Congrats on your Hummingbird.  A world class guitar.  They are every bit "the legend" that swirls around them.  And if you need something between you and your audience, you can't beat "the bird."  Perhaps the  most recognized of all guitar names. I hope you enjoy it for many years............I'm not a fan of the Anthem though.  The one that came with my then "new" J100 Walnut shot craps  in  just a few months...Anyway, you can always replace a pickup and yours will likely last a long time........  Meanwhile, you have a truly "serious" guitar.😎😎

Archived