Gibson Brands Forums

Best Value for $$ Les Paul?

Twang Gang

On 7/8/2019 at 3:21 PM, Twang Gang said:

Seems every day there are more guitar models showing up on the Gibson website.  I found one that seems like a great value to me (although I am not looking for a third Les Paul by any means).  What caught my eye was the translucent cherry Les Paul Classic.  Seems to have a lot of desirable features and the MSRP is only $1,999.  Usual mahogany body w/9 hole weight relief, maple top, slim taper mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard.  Has Burstbucker pickups, four push/pull knobs, ABR-1 bridge, Grover tuners and comes with a hardshell case and in 4 different finishes plus a goldtop version.  What's not to like for under $2K?

front-banner-1600_900.png   

Thats a beautiful Chery and a nice price. Love it. I also love the BurstBuckers. My son traded me his Epiphone Custom Pro Limited Pelham Blue that had BurstBuckers in it for my Epiphone Black Standard for a year and I loved his guitar. It came to the point we traded back and I miss it.