Gibson Brands Forums

Great acoustic for

frankafru

Look at some masterbilt's (Epiphone)

You can find one in your price range,& they are wonderful guitar's.

I have an AJ500M, & it's great for slide. (or anything else!!)

I think you're looking for two different animals here. There are many respectible guitars in your price range but I can't see a guitar that one would use for slide(steel string) working for Flamenco (nylon string). Then again, I'm often wrong!

A guy I know that works in one of the local shops, The Fingerboard Extension, just got some of these Recording Kings in and he says they are great for their price range. Solid spruce and rosewood and a free hard case. What's not to like? Just throw in a K&K Pure Western Mini pickup and slide away!! Flamenco will have to have its own beast I'm afraid. http://guitarhut.net/recording_king_RO_26_guitar.htm

( I guess you'll have to copy and paste this address into your web browser. Take a look)

Wood body? Find a hog, old harmony, new recording king, Martin style 15 ---that glassy sound is what you'll be wanting. Or a Reso (various Asians in this price range, tho cant vouch for the quality of the set up and cones. Re the flamenco thing? TW speaks true.

I forgot to mention, the guitars at Guitar Hut come with a free setup. Check their web to see exactly what they do. You can also get these with solid mahogany back and sides which might be more suitable for slide work. jkinnama?

Archived