Gibson Brands Forums

Henricksen amp

Tfdx

Hey all,

I just acquired a new es275 thin line to go with my es 355..its time now to get a decent amp..im really interested in the henreckson jazz 110 and the bud..I play at home ,mostly jazz and blues..Also the quilter micro pro has been recomended...any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Not being familiar with Henricksen amps I visited their sight and checked them out.  Of course I am listening to their demos through ear buds, or poor quality computer speakers, but I wasn't too impressed for the money they want.  I'd have to hear and play one in person to really give a fair opinion.  I guess there are couple of generations of players that grew up on solid state amplifiers and so they don't know anything different, but they sound sort of sterile to me.  And a 6 in. speaker?

I'm old school, but would look for a tube amp with at least a 12" speaker, many jazz guitar amps even had 15" speakers, but a good one will be more expensive than these.

I guess my only good advice would be to play through several amps (with one of our guitars) to see if you get the tones you are looking for.