Gibson Brands Forums

Still waiting on my 2009 J45 TV VOS LIMITED EDITION

eeh1

Hello all. Iam still waiting on my J45. Apparently Gibson has the guitars but they are waiting on the cases.

and so I wait................................................ tick tock tick tock tick tock.....................

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBUMMER

"Good things come to those who wait"

Whoever said this was not a guitar owner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello all. Iam still waiting on my J45. Apparently Gibson has the guitars but they are waiting on the cases.

and so I wait................................................ tick tock tick tock tick tock.....................

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBUMMER

"Good things come to those who wait"

Whoever said this was not a guitar owner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is what I understand about the "LTD"'s from one of my contacts.

The original 167 LTD's of each model (SJ-200, Hummingbird, J-45) were limited in that they had the period correct case and came with the jacket and case cover.

Now it turns out that the part number of the "LTD" J-45 is apparently going to be produced even further, just not with the goodies (don't know about the case). Which basically says to me that at least the J-45 is "limited" to the number of guitars Gibson can produce like this.

Doesn't bother me because it's still a kickass guitar, but is it really "limited"?

Here is what I understand about the "LTD"'s from one of my contacts.

The original 167 LTD's of each model (SJ-200' date=' Hummingbird, J-45) were limited in that they had the period correct case and came with the jacket and case cover.

Now it turns out that the part number of the "LTD" J-45 is apparently going to be produced even further, just not with the goodies (don't know about the case). Which basically says to me that at least the J-45 is "limited" to the number of guitars Gibson can produce like this.

Doesn't bother me because it's still a kickass guitar, but is it really "limited"?[/quote']

Oh yeah and forgot to mention the 167 are 2008 models, while the new ones (naturally) are 2009 models.

Hi powerpopper, first post here. Last year I bought a hummingbird TV LTD and I received the jacket and case cover. I was just wondering since you own this same guitar, what are your thoughts on the case cover - have you ever used it?

I put mine on, and to my surprise it tore apart at the seem where the zipper is stitched to the case cover material. I haven't asked for a replacement, but I was surprised at this... how is yours?

Hi powerpopper' date=' first post here. Last year I bought a hummingbird TV LTD and I received the jacket and case cover. I was just wondering since you own this same guitar, what are your thoughts on the case cover - have you ever used it?

I put mine on, and to my surprise it tore apart at the seem where the zipper is stitched to the case cover material. I haven't asked for a replacement, but I was surprised at this... how is yours?[/quote']

Haven't gotten it yet, as I just got the guitar, but I will let you know!

Thanks for that. Gibson guitars have a ditributor here in Canada, so it was a bit of a hassle to get the goodies.

Gibson said to talk to the retailer. I asked the retailer (L&M) and they knew nothing about it, then I asked the distributor (Yorkville) and they said only the J45 comes with anything. It took an email to Gibson customer support and CCing L&M and Yorkville.

Anyway, I did get them in the end. The jacket is nice...

Archived