Gibson Brands Forums

2 Killer Gibsons

JuanCarlosVejar

A closer look at the saddle reveals that it's some kind of mix between the adjustable and an ordinary slim thing.                                                                    Definitely a modification, but the Gibbies sound good'n'real. 

Edited by E-minor7

15 hours ago, j45nick said:

She played a 'bird in a performance of this I looked at today. One Gibson or another is fine with me.

Nick , 

Are you sure it was a bird?

it may have been this 1963 country western (photo attached)

I do know she played it on the “Car Wheels” tour after that she’s mostly played 45’s live.I read that same C & W was played by Duane Allman for a session or show in Gatlinburg, TN in  early 1971.

JC

733642FC-05CC-4B89-AFE2-27F6FEE1F570.jpeg

Edited by JuanCarlosVejar

25 minutes ago, JuanCarlosVejar said:

Nick , 

Are you sure it was a bird?

it may have been this 1963 country western (photo attached)

I do know she played it on the “Car Wheels” tour after that she’s mostly played 45’s live.I read that same C & W was played by Duane Allman for a session or show in Gatlinburg, TN in  early 1971.

JC

733642FC-05CC-4B89-AFE2-27F6FEE1F570.jpeg

JC, you are right. In that  era, the 'bird and the CW were basically the same guitar except for the pickguard and the fact that most 'birds were cherryburst. I mistook the pattern in the pickguard material for a worn 'bird guard.