Gibson Brands Forums

ga5 identification

wrench87

i was going to buy a fender champion 600 until i found out about the ga5, i was actually looking online all day and could only find 2 both on ebay, so i happened to go to a local gc and i found one it looks to be in new condition.

i paid 350.00 for it my question is is there anyway to tell when it was made with any of the numbers on the back?,

any info would be appreciated.

Yes, call Gibson Customer Service and give them the serial number of your GA-5. They will be able to you when it was manufactured. They will also start your 2-year warrantee.

I bought mine for $350.00 in December, so you got a good deal.

Try it with some effects pedals like the Danelectro Fab Tone or the Boss HM-2 Heavy Metal pedals or others for even greater tonal variation. I played mine tonight with the Dano and again with out it and just love mine.

Good deal.

Pick long and prosper.

I (foolishly) sold my GA-5. I may go after another eventually.

Well, no better time than the present. Just like that, I own one again -bought off of eBay. This time I'll be smart enough not to part with it.. :D

i have a question on my ga-5 , i noticed at the top of the sides of the amp there appears to be a slice on each side it is around a 1/2 inch down on each side is this normal?. i have never seen any pictures from the side.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived