Gibson Brands Forums

Getting Guitars Set-up in London?

Spot

It seems that you always hear serious musicians talking about the importance of getting guitars proffessional set-up and I wanted to ask if any of you Europeans knew of any good contacts in London.

I had a guy do one of my Vintage Gibsons in the past and wasn't too impressed....

:-k

Andy Gibson (No relation) in London in Denmark Street is very good. He is located in the basement of one of the guitar shops (Rhodes Music I think) his telephone number is 0207 836 3919. He does any work i require on my Gibsons.

Regards

Simon

Andy Gibson (No relation) in London in Denmark Street is very good. He is located in the basement of one of the guitar shops (Rhodes Music I think) his telephone number is 0207 836 3919. He does any work i require on my Gibsons.

Regards

Simon

Thanks Simon, do you know what he charges for a standard LP set-up?

To be honest I get him to do all sorts of stuff like polish the frets, clean and condition the fretboard (Iam lazy)so iam not sure how much a standard setup is. He doesn't work Mondays or Sundays. He is in my opinion very reasonable. You have to ask for him in the shop and they will send you downstairs. He really knows his Gibson's.

Very easy guy to get on with.

Let me know how you get on.

Simon.

Archived