Gibson Brands Forums

Here comes the sun - what model guitar?

MR GIBS

I don't like the winter. I hate the cold air and the humidity... M-R GIBS doesn't like the cold too.

We are waiting the spring. There are a few days left till the astronomic beginning.

Ewery springtime there is one special day that you can smell the departure of the winter.

I love that day. I love to take my guitar that day and to play and sing "Here comes the sun" of George Harrisoon. One of my favorites.

But there is one thing that I am missing - I don't know with what model acoustic guitar did recorded Harrisson this song in the sudio version in the "Abbey road" album...

Can somebody tell me?

=P~

I don't like the winter. I hate the cold air and the humidity... M-R GIBS doesn't like the cold too.

We are waiting the spring. There are a few days left till the astronomic beginning.

Ewery springtime there is one special day that you can smell the departure of the winter.

I love that day. I love to take my guitar that day and to play and sing "Here comes the sun" of George Harrisoon. One of my favorites.

But there is one thing that I am missing - I don't know with what model acoustic guitar did recorded Harrisson this song in the sudio version in the "Abbey road" album...

Can somebody tell me?

=P~

I think it was George's sunburst J200.

j220b.jpg

...according to some stories' date=' he gave it to Dylan. Others say it is still in the Harrison estate.

[img']http://images.funadvice.com/photo/image/55909/thumb/Dylan_with_Gibson_J-200_he_got_from_George_Harrison.jpg[/img]

It looks like MR GIBS is the perfect guitar for the job my friend!

I do believe that Dylan himself once said that Harrison gave him that J200. I wonder if Dylan still has it.

FWIW' date=' this site lists the guitar as being part of GH's estate.

And this one claims it was indeed the J200 that GH used on "Here Comes the Sun."

This being the Internet 'n' all, I can't vouch for the accuracy of the info...

Which member of Dylan's band? Don't tease an addict. I need details

I don't know. I owned a '63 Danelectro in 1977 and then it re-surfaced in 1993 when I got it back in a horse trade involving a Chevy '283 orange' fretless P-bass I made. I only had it for a few months when a guy from the southern part of the state brought me a blonde '57 reissue Strat, which I swapped the Danelectro and a '64 Fender Pro amp for. (I later swapped the Strat for a pristine '82 silverburst LP Custom which I also miss!).

On a lark I sought out the Danelectro about a year ago. I knew it had made it to a used gear place in Portland, ME so I posted a message on Craigslist just on the off-chance someone knew where it was. I heard back from the guy who used to have the gear shop and he actually scanned and emailed me a photo of the Dan-O on his rack in the store among the other stuff. He said Dylan played Portland shortly thereafter and he knew he sold some stuff to some members of the band... he thinks the Dan-O went with them.

No serial number of course but I think I would know it if I saw it.

I don't know. I owned a '63 Danelectro in 1977 and then it re-surfaced in 1993 when I got it back in a horse trade involving a Chevy '283 orange' fretless P-bass I made. I only had it for a few months when a guy from the southern part of the state brought me a blonde '57 reissue Strat' date=' which I swapped the Danelectro and a '64 Fender Pro amp for. (I later swapped the Strat for a pristine '82 silverburst LP Custom which I also miss!).

No serial number of course but I think I would know it if I saw it.[/quote']

One hopes ksdaddy is good with dates and such... say anniversary and wife's birthday, as he is with the history of all the guit tars what passed through his little guit tar shop. :-({|=

FWIW' date=' this site lists the guitar as being part of GH's estate.

And this one claims it was indeed the J200 that GH used on "Here Comes the Sun."

This being the Internet 'n' all, I can't vouch for the accuracy of the info...

Thanks - this is a precious information and very important to me.

Archived