Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson L-00 Pro?

sbpark

Haven't been able to find much info in this model, the L-00 Pro, but have someone interested in a Martin that I have for sale and offered the L-00 Pro as a trade. The one being offered is from 2012.  I've owned quite a few J45's, AJ's and small body Martins and Waterloos along with a few Martin dreads, but never a Gibson L-00.. I have not really been able to find much info on this model of L-00 and wondering if anyone has had or played one and has anything to say about it, good or bad. I did find a few pics from one for sale from CME and attached the pics of it here just so you guys could see what it looks like. 

spHwqki.jpg

XII00Cp.jpg

51fR1lV.jpg

Edited by sbpark

Hey SBP - I'm probably the least experienced to say anything, but I thought the L00 was ladder braced - and that ladder braced is a sound is different than x brace.  Having said that, you don't know what you don't know - I say get it, give it a try and report back.

13 hours ago, Oswald said:

There is a thread on AGF about this model, it was Guitar Center exclusive model, and there is no love for it --

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255898

All the better then. I sold the Martin this morning. Amazing sounding guitar but after 7 months couldn't bond with the thin/shallow neck. Put the money in the bank until I figure out what small body I might want eventually. 

Edited by sbpark

• 3 years later...

Just traded a vintage Gibson Marauder for a L-00 pro.  It's basically a standard L-00 ( Mahogany back and sides, spruce top) with a LR Baggs internal pickup installed.  That's why it's called a "pro".  Also has a graphite nut, which makes quick tuning supposedly for on stage string changes.  Tusq bridge with the transducer attached underneath.  Open back grover tuners (which is a nice upgrade),  vintage logo and plush Gibson case,  It's a nice rig if you can find one cheap.  Not worth much more than a standard.