Gibson Brands Forums

Urgent Questions about 2009 Songwriter models

mycrophone

I can't believe this. A colleague just got off the phone with yet another high-up member of Gibson personnel in Bozeman who reckons that the Custom does NOT have the "new compound radius fingerboard". That does it. I'm putting Gibson out of the running. I refuse to do business with such an inept company. There in misinformation about their guitars all over the internet. This is just so unprofessional. Ask some of these guys for a scale length and they'll give you a telephone number! :-k) How can I begin to consider guitars that I can't even get reliable specifications for. You're a nice bunch of guys on this forum but I'm afraid it's next stop Collings. Thanks for the time.

seems like sometimes the only thing Gibson does right is build guitars in Bozeman.

The reason I don't live anywhere near a Gibson dealer is because their sales reps are such inept jackasses that music shops for miles don't deal with them anymore. Reminds me of GM sometimes - they think they'll automatically get customers because of their products... it's sad.

sorry mycro... best of luck with your search. FWIW, though, the only thing that really should matter is the way the guitar sounds when you play it. For that reason, perhaps the ole internet search was the wrong way to go. Saddle up and start hitting guitar shops, I think that's the way you'll find your beauty.

Stumps said: "the only thing that really should matter is the way the guitar sounds when you play it". Don't worry, Stumps, I know this to be true ultimately. It's just that I was trying to scale down the search by getting as much reliable spec as I could on the internet. I'm hitting a quality guitar shop in the UK next week. I'm looking for love at first play! :o)

Cheers,

Alan

http://www.sinceritymusic.com

Stumps said: "the only thing that really should matter is the way the guitar sounds when you play it". Don't worry' date=' Stumps, I know this to be true ultimately. It's just that I was trying to scale down the search by getting as much reliable spec as I could on the internet. I'm hitting a quality guitar shop in the UK next week. I'm looking for love at first play! :o)

Cheers,

Alan

http://www.sinceritymusic.com

[/quote']

Alan, FWIW I can't recall seeing any of the new 09 SWDs advertised in the UK. They are likely to be the previous versions - like mine which does not have the different radius fingerboard. But then I haven't hoofed about much recently.

If you are heading for Denmark St (not worth it if you are looking for a new Gibson acoustic) at any time, let me know as I work about 1 day a week in London and can sometimes dive away.

Archived