Gibson Brands Forums

Recording Booth Window.

Steven Tari

I'm starting to get a list of materials together to build a sound proof recording booth. How do you sound proof the window between the recording equipment room and the recording booth? I was thinking of Two 1/2 inch pieces of Plexi-glass with a 1/2 inch gap between them. Any other Ideas?

I'm starting to get a list of materials together to build a sound proof recording booth. How do you sound proof the window between the recording equipment room and the recording booth? I was thinking of Two 1/2 inch pieces of Plexi-glass with a 1/2 inch gap between them. Any other Ideas?

3/4 inch gap in the upper side, 1/2 inch gap in the lower side. That way you dont have parallel surfaces.

What are you using to build the whole booth?

Also, you should make sure the window part is completely hermetic/airtight.

3/4 inch gap in the upper side' date=' 1/2 inch gap in the lower side. That way you dont have parallel surfaces.

What are you using to build the whole booth?

Also, you should make sure the window part is completely hermetic/airtight.[/quote']

As far as the wood goes, I'll decide when I get a general idea of prices and looking at final cost. Pine, Beerch, Or Oak. Sealing the glass by puting a vacumn on it. I'm looking at a couple different types of seals. I hope to pull the vacumn in between the glass with my HVAC vacumn pump. I'm looking at the Primacoustic Europa Wall Treatment sets at musicians friends. I also want a layer of sound proof insalation and sheets of concrete tile board. have to do some material priceing at the different lumber yards. I guess the outside door should be in the equipment room to help kill the outside sound in the recording booth.

As far as the wood goes' date=' I'll decide when I get a general idea of prices and looking at final cost. Pine, Beerch, Or Oak. Sealing the glass by puting a vacumn on it. I'm looking at a couple different types of seals. I hope to pull the vacumn in between the glass with my HVAC vacumn pump. I'm looking at the Primacoustic Europa Wall Treatment sets at musicians friends. I also want a layer of sound proof insalation and sheets of concrete tile board. have to do some material priceing at the different lumber yards. I guess the outside door should be in the equipment room to help kill the outside sound in the recording booth.[/quote']

Sonds like you have most of it figured out man! if you can, take some pics of the precces and post them... I would love to see that.

Good luck with it!

Archived