Gibson Brands Forums

Nancy Wilson Nighthawk

JoelZ

I was checking this out and it looks like from the pic's and video there is a mini humbucker in the neck. I am not super familiar with those, having never owned a guitar with them. In the guitar demo he was running through the pup combination on the 5 way selector switch and what caught my ear was that I did not know a min hb cold be split.......interesting.

https://youtu.be/t740IH7eGoc

From the description in the specs it has a 5-way selector switch, with 2 PU’s you normally only need a 3-way. So with a 5-way you have 2 extra positions that could provide coil tapping. The answer could be in the her video that I didn’t watch.....

Edited by mihcmac

On 1/23/2021 at 2:39 PM, Malchik said:

She's claiming she designed it.

Aside from the 5-way switch and the name change to "Nancy Wilson Fanatic" including the new headstock, there is a a "major change to the neck". Now it has a "Rounded C Profile", different from the Nighthawks "Slim Taper D Profile". I have the new Rounded C Profile on a couple of my 2020 Epiphones and I really like it, but with the "Fanatic" compared to the earlier "Hawk" models, also having their standard 25 1/2" scale, it could be wonderful. I'm looking forward to trying a Fanatic and comparing to my Blueshawk.

212e45-ENNWFBNH_front.png

Edited by mihcmac