Gibson Brands Forums

2020 Epiphone Riviera Semi-hollowbody Sparkling Burgundy

indiekiduk

What do people think of the 2020 Epiphone Riviera Semi-hollowbody Sparkling Burgundy? Personally I don't see any difference between it and the 2011 Cherry. I preferred the Riviera a few years earlier where the headstock had the crown inlay, think that was Korean made.

I really hope one day Epiphone reissue this 80's Japanese Matsumoko Riviera in Wine Red with full humbuckers, stop bar tail piece and crown inlay. I wouldn't mind modern top hat knobs instead of the vintage ones with large numbers. Also wouldn't mind a modern scratch place with silver E instead of the black small painted E.

unnamed.jpg.a1abe48530a1e703932f4d0ef4b5199c.jpg

On 2/22/2021 at 1:23 AM, indiekiduk said:

What do people think of the 2020 Epiphone Riviera Semi-hollowbody Sparkling Burgundy? Personally I don't see any difference between it and the 2011 Cherry. I preferred the Riviera a few years earlier where the headstock had the crown inlay, think that was Korean made.

I really hope one day Epiphone reissue this 80's Japanese Matsumoko Riviera in Wine Red with full humbuckers, stop bar tail piece and crown inlay. I wouldn't mind modern top hat knobs instead of the vintage ones with large numbers. Also wouldn't mind a modern scratch place with silver E instead of the black small painted E.

unnamed.jpg.a1abe48530a1e703932f4d0ef4b5199c.jpg

The new 2020 ES-335 is setup in a very similar fashion to the Matsumoko Riviera...

front-banner-1600_900.png

On 2/27/2021 at 11:11 PM, indiekiduk said:

Thanks! Crazy I've never seen that one, because it doesn't even show up in the Archtop section of Epiphone's website!

Would be great if they bring back the 345 and 355 again, although the pick guard already being attached would help those scared of a drill like me lol

Thats because its in the Inspired By Gibson Original ES section.. 🙂

Edited by mihcmac