Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson 50's LG2

Leonard McCoy

Thinking about picking one up. A blonde one (antique natural finish) is available here but I'm really unsure about the color. The top looks superb, very evenly grained. Vintage sunburst is a much safer bet since I am into that color scheme, but I'm not sure I can get one here (as a lefty) in the foreseeable future.

9Q2tS8u.jpg

Edited by Leonard McCoy

On 5/13/2021 at 1:43 PM, j45nick said:

Well, I'd call it an LG-3, but that's just me.

It looks like a really good guitar.

Because lefty versions are pretty rare, you could be waiting for a long time to find another in sunburst.

You're probably right. It's just that Gibson's vintage sunburst is insanely good-looking on those slope-shoulder models. I've inquired with the dealer who in turn gets in touch with Gibson how long the waiting time would turn out to be. I would probably not be unhappy with antique natural either (I do prefer J-200s in that color).

• 2 weeks later...

It's as difficult as always for any retailer outside the US to get ahold of Gibson re: availability (they are extremely busy), but we'll get there eventually. I'd love to have at least one guitar more permanently tuned to Open E.

Edited by Leonard McCoy

• 8 months later...