Gibson Brands Forums

1998 Epiphone Flying V

Hi All 

Just bought a 1998 epiphone Korina 58 reissue Flying V, 

the guitar does not have the rumble strip at the bottom and a guitar ( the strip that makes it easier to play while sitting down) 

I’ve only seen one other early model 1998 epiphone Korina 58 reissue without the rumble strip

As far as I can tell they came without one from jan 98 to May 98 then all the ones I see have rumble strips

can some out there in the community confirm that to be true. Or is there something else going on.

thanks 

Been trying to find images of 58 reissue epiphone Korina  Flying V and it’s hard to say seem like 1997 to 1998 March they may not have had the rumble strips 

Checked google image search but only has a few images which make it hard to verify

does anyone out there have photos of their Flying V between the period above that they can share or confirm if they have the strip 

• 3 weeks later...

This one is reported to be a 98 on Reverb

wpnky6wvnqwhuzqefwdd.jpg

Generally a lot of 58 Korinas out there, but only a few with solid Korina, most are Korina blocks with a thin Korina veneer top and back..

epiphone-1958-korina-flying-v-70816.jpg

There are quite a few new ones out there, like this one below on zZounds.

1_Full_Straight_Front_NA-525fffdeab50c1c

Edited by mihcmac