Gibson Brands Forums

Need new knobs for Sheraton and Noel Gallagher Supernova

meanstreak

I need new knobs for my two archtops, a Sheraton II from 2012 and a Noel Gallagher Supernova.  I bought the Gibson brand ones but they seem like they don't quite fit correctly.  Are they the right ones and I'm just putting them on wrong?  

What about these from StewMac?

https://www.stewmac.com/parts-and-hardware/knobs/top-hat-bell-reflector-knob.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Retargeting&fbclid=IwAR3cv9xWBsGbCiQfAQxZZvi8SV1bUB1Rw8O9q7EgycYw6ff7eDrNyygqH64

Unless you (or a former owner) replaced the pots, you need to get metric knobs. Gibson are not.

Metric knobs and pots are "fine spline" with 24 splines. You might see them marketed a "Alpha" knobs. These are on most Asian import guitars.

Standard knobs and pots are "course spline" with 18 splines. The knobs might be marketed as "CTS." These are on most American guitars.

You can salvage the knobs you have if you happen to have an old "Alpha" pot that doesn't work. You just heat up the shaft with a soldering iron and press the knob on; it will melt it to fit.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pohatu771 said:

Unless you (or a former owner) replaced the pots, you need to get metric knobs. Gibson are not.

Metric knobs and pots are "fine spline" with 24 splines. You might see them marketed a "Alpha" knobs. These are on most Asian import guitars.

Standard knobs and pots are "course spline" with 18 splines. The knobs might be marketed as "CTS." These are on most American guitars.

You can salvage the knobs you have if you happen to have an old "Alpha" pot that doesn't work. You just heat up the shaft with a soldering iron and press the knob on; it will melt it to fit.

exactly the info I needed, thanks!