Gibson Brands Forums

Oh no not me again

eeh1

Iam still trying to find the exact specs for my 2009 J45 TV or TV VOS? or.......................

I have 2 people from Gibson that are working on it. i read some of your answers before. This does have a cloudy finish, kluson style tuners, the volume of a Red Spruce top, light as a feather, bone nut and saddle, beautiful sounding guitar. I would like confirmation from Gibson so I can print it off and put it with the guitar. I tried to get the limited edition from 2008 and the fellow from Midtowm Music in Georgia said he was out of the 2008's and he could orderme a 2009. On the packing slip it says J45TV. Item Number RS4TPVSNH1. I still want it to be what I ordered. adirondack Spruce Top with VOS bracing and dull finish. And so I wait........................................... Great sounding guitar whatever it is. It is still something I have to know.

j45 TV?

J45 TV VOS?

MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No offense to you' date=' but why are you obsessing outloud over this? As you say, it's a [i']beautiful sounding guitar[/i] - play it! Enjoy it! Relax about what it may or not be on paper and dig it on your lap!

I have obsessive thinking. I just want to make sure I got what I ordered. Adirondack top not sitka, original bracing with hide glue. That is what I paid for so I want to find out if that is what I got. No offence taken.

What type of case did it come in?

I have what sounds like the same guitar you have - but mine came in the standard (blue-lined) acoustic case rather than the vintage reissue case.

I bought mine from a local mom and pop type gibson certified shop but i was told that my guitar was part of a run of guitars made specially for the Guitar Center prior to TV line coming out. A few were trickled out to other dealers.

Per gibson mine's the same guitar as the TV VOS Ltd. The sticker inside the body just says J-45. It's by far my favorite guitar.

Don't know if that helps or not. Good luck in your quest, please let us know what you find out.

What type of case did it come in?

I have what sounds like the same guitar you have - but mine came in the standard (blue-lined) acoustic case rather than the vintage reissue case.

I bought mine from a local mom and pop type gibson certified shop but i was told that my guitar was part of a run of guitars made specially for the Guitar Center prior to TV line coming out. A few were trickled out to other dealers.

Per gibson mine's the same guitar as the TV VOS Ltd. The sticker inside the body just says J-45. It's by far my favorite guitar.

Don't know if that helps or not. Good luck in your quest' date=' please let us know what you find out.

[/quote']

Mine came in a beautiful brown case with pink lining. Really nice case.

Surely you have the spec sheet inside the case? If not then I'd be slightly suspicious that it had been removed by the guitar shop (they all arrive from Gibson with one these days).

Although all the ltd ed 45's I've seen have the black case, yours could have just been placed in the pink one by human error (and imo, the brown case with pink lining is slightly better anyways).

I'd say, most likely is, you either have a standard true vintage, or a non limited 09 adi topped j45. I would put money on yours not having hide glue though, but that may well be the only difference...

I tend to obsess over details as well, so know how you feel.

Mine came in a beautiful brown case with pink lining. Really nice case.

That is not the case for the LTD's, period.

If you would like to put an end to your anguish, this is what I suggest you do.

1) Call Sweetwater at 800-222-4700 and ask to speak with Luke Herian.

2) Give him the part number (RS4TPVSNH1) and ask him if he can get you one of these guitars (he can).

3) Ask him what the difference is between this model and the 2008 TV VOS LTD and he will tell you.

The non-guitar related differences between the two models are:

Case

Jacket

Case cover

COA

The guitar-related difference between the two models is:

Hide glue (maybe).

Just my 2 cents.

I just want to make sure I got what I ordered. Adirondack top not sitka

Well if you wanted an Adirondack top, you must hear a distinct difference, which lead you choose the adi....so you should be able to tell whether you have sitka or adirondack, by the way it sounds..

Well if you wanted an Adirondack top' date=' you must hear a distinct difference, which lead you choose the adi....so you should be able to tell whether you have sitka or adirondack, by the way it sounds..[/quote']

Now there's a thought, but of course you'd have to play the guitar and listen to it to figure that out, and that's hard to do when you're communicating with 2 different people at Gibson while posting message after message on the forum seeking the same information. :-

Aw shucks give him a break he's all excited about his new guitar. I guess we've all been there at one time or another.

Though I've been known to be a tad compulsive/obsessive, I've never quite been *there*.

Archived