Gibson Brands Forums

leaning tuning pegs?

egoidealmusic

Well, the verdict is in: they've decided to replace instead of repair (sadly I've got to wait at least another two weeks are they're on back order--grrr).  Apparently the holes were just too large as many of you suspected, but apparently on inspection they also noticed that the headstock wings were delaminating, which makes me wonder if there was a larger issues with that particular chunk of wood.  Anyways, just wanted to update folks and thank you again for all of your thoughts on the issue!

42 minutes ago, egoidealmusic said:

Well, the verdict is in: they've decided to replace instead of repair (sadly I've got to wait at least another two weeks are they're on back order--grrr).  Apparently the holes were just too large as many of you suspected, but apparently on inspection they also noticed that the headstock wings were delaminating, which makes me wonder if there was a larger issues with that particular chunk of wood.  Anyways, just wanted to update folks and thank you again for all of your thoughts on the issue!

I wouldn't be concerned about the replacement. You're going to have an experienced person hand picking one to try and make you happy. I had a J200 replaced one time and the replacement was absolutely perfect. Let us know how it goes.

Dave

• 2 years later...