Gibson Brands Forums

Customer support?

Leon2365

Is customer support even existent these days? I've been waiting over a month and a half now for a reply to 2 different emails I've sent about a guitar developing a Crack on the fretboard after 3 months of very light use. 

I've just sent a 3rd one today and am wondering if they will ever get back to me on this or if they are just waiting for my warranty to run out so they can say "there's nothing we can do cause you contacted us too late"

The reason I'm thinking that is a possibility is because I sent them an email asking about the action and strings the guitar came with and they replied within a few days. But now that it's about seeking a replacement instrument or a refund I'm getting complete radio silence. 

I tried calling over the phone as well and gave up after no one answered for 20 minutes. 

Does anyone know of a way to actually contact someone from Gibson/epiphone short of going to their fancy new museum/display store?

The usual process is to contract the seller and return it and they deal with Epiphone/Gibson. I think, or call them.

I just registered my recent Epiphone and noticed the customer service blurb below...

Please direct any inquiries to the Gibson Customer Service Department at 1-800-4GIBSON or by e-mailing: service@gibson.com

Edited by mihcmac

1 hour ago, mihcmac said:

The usual process is to contract the seller and return it and they deal with Epiphone/Gibson. I think, or call them.

I just registered my recent Epiphone and noticed the customer service blurb below...

Please direct any inquiries to the Gibson Customer Service Department at 1-800-4GIBSON or by e-mailing: service@gibson.com

Thing is I bought it directly from the epiphone website 

2 hours ago, pohatu771 said:

You have a lifetime warranty, so they'll be waiting a while if that's the case.

Have you tried talking to your local Gibson/Epiphone dealer?

Sadly I have not due to the place being very far and I having no car. The last time I was able to go there, it was a one man operation and he was over a month behind with work on other instruments. 

In other news though, somehow a family member called custoner support for me out of superstition and low and behold, they got through to someone within 30 seconds. 

My mind was absolutely blown at this. Upon talking with the rep they told me to send an email to an address that was previously stated here on this thread by another user. 

Before letting them go though I asked if it was rhe same address as the one on the customer service section of the site here because I had already sent 3 than went unanswered. They didn't even know that any sort of address or email form existed on their site at all. 

This new address got me a response right away and I am now in the process of getting my instrument taken care of. 

Say what you want about superstition, but from now on, when I need customer service of any kind anywhere, I'm having this family member call first.