Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Les Paul Standard 2006 QingDao - thoughts, feelings?

Dave_S

G'day,

I want a LP but haven't played one in ages and wouldn't know what a good one sounds / feels like tbh

There's a used one locally at a price I like, nice looking and it's in good condition.  Seller also says   "When I purchased this guitar, I was told it has genuine Gibson humbuckers installed, I've never opened them to look, and I wouldn't know what I was looking for even if I did. " Me too.

It's $650 (with genuine hard case), and to give a comparison, a new LP Muse is around $900 (w/o case) here in Australia. There's also a used LP Muse locally for $820 (supposedly as-new) or $920 w/case.  (BTW I know the Muse coil splits but I don't care, I have other guitars for that sound. Just want the bucker sound)

I'm just a middle aged hobbyist so I'm not toooooo picky or proud. Just want something sounds like a LP. No particular rush.

What do you think? Keep looking or do it?

Capture.PNG.1bc70804db9c72116aaadbedaeeba787.PNG

Edited by Dave_S
added info

I have a 2016  56 Les Paul Standard Pro, It is a great guitar. I think the Standard is a higher level Les Paul than the Muse usually separated by about 100USD. So I think an 06 LP Standard w/ case and Gibson USA pickups would be worth the price. Play it, if it feels and looks good I would definitely give it serious consideration.

see the new Inspired by Gibson collection

https://www.epiphone.com/Guitars/Collection/Epiphone Inspired by Gibson

Edited by mihcmac

nothing crazy special about it, nothing really detracting from it. if it sounds good and feels good, go for it! 

personally i'd want to see if they were gibson  pickups- you could probably tell just hearing them played through a clean amp, but there's ways to confirm by opening it up.  I'd offer the full asking $650 if they have gibsons, $500 if they dont- clearly he's pricing with the assumption that they are

If you can't figure out if they are legit or not,  just post photos here and trust the hairbrained opinions of strangers on the internet!