Gibson Brands Forums

Intro…

togterry

Hi Everyone! At age 53 decided to pursue something I have thought about for a while…playing guitar.  Growing up I was told my brother was the creative one and the musician.  I believed it and pursued other interested.  Recently reflected on that while at a concert and it dawned on me that I was believing a story that was not based in any reality…

So, I bought a lower end acoustic and fell in love with playing.  A few months later I bought a Taylor acoustic.  As I learned more about guitars I have found myself focusing more and more on Gibson.  

Now I am planning on purchasing a Les Paul.  Came here to begin to figure out what model/year to purchase.  My options are a bit limited due to being left handed but I’m happy to see there are a good deal of models/options out there.   

Welcome to the forum.

I spent years playing with an excellent left-handed player (I am in the UK, this was jazz) and it made me very aware of how un-left-handed the whole world is, really.

I googled  left handed guitar shops usa.  Worth a look....

https://leftyfretz.com/left-handed-guitar-store-directory/

Southpaw guitars looks like a fantastic shop.

Best wishes!

Welcome aboard.  I know the feeling when it comes to left-handed anything.  While I play guitar right-handed, I do many other things left-handed.  Finding things like left-handed golf clubs is always a challenge.  Not to mention I’m very tall and have to buy everything  extra-long or extra-large.  Truly frustrating.

Good luck in your search.