Gibson Brands Forums

Regular Les paul custom BB vs Les paul custom reissues

Charles_0

Hi, I have a question regarding the les paul custom ebony guitars (black beauty with gold hardware)

I’d like to know if the regular Les paul custom (black beauty) is made in the same custom shop as the les paul custom 57 and 68 reissues.

I saw on multiple sites that the regular custom would be of lesser quality and would simply be a gibson USA guitar with a custom shop stamp on it and the reissues would be « real » custom shop guitars, is this true?

I want to know if the regular les paul custom ebony gloss is of the same quality as the 68 or 57 reissues, and if they are really made in the custom shop the same way as the reissues.

There’s a significant price difference and I’d like to be sure about this before making a purchase. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Charles_0 said:

Hi, I have a question regarding the les paul custom ebony guitars (black beauty with gold hardware)

I’d like to know if the regular Les paul custom (black beauty) is made in the same custom shop as the les paul custom 57 and 68 reissues.

I saw on multiple sites that the regular custom would be of lesser quality and would simply be a gibson USA guitar with a custom shop stamp on it and the reissues would be « real » custom shop guitars, is this true?

I want to know if the regular les paul custom ebony gloss is of the same quality as the 68 or 57 reissues, and if they are really made in the custom shop the same way as the reissues.

There’s a significant price difference and I’d like to be sure about this before making a purchase. Thank you.

The LP Custom is made in the Custom Shop.  You get a COA from the Custom Shop when you get one TODAY (or more recent).  It is not made like the reissues because it is not a reissue.  Some specs are different - neck tenon, electronics, plastics, etc.  The LP Custom of today is cheaper because the more "historic" it is, the more you will pay.  That's what the demand would be for if you go for a Historic. 

I know USA has its issues, but the Custom Shop "usually" does it right.  Not trying to scare you here, but I personally feel that the better looked over guitars are coming out of the Custom Shop.  Of course, there are mistakes at times...  Of course, always comes down to dollars and cents, you pay for CS Gibsons.  Are they worth it is only a question you can answer. 

• 5 weeks later...