Gibson Brands Forums

LG-2 American Eagle?

egoidealmusic

I owned one! Got a killer deal on it used. Loved it, gigged with it, wrote with it, was about to make a record with it but had to sell it to pay for a divorce. I still miss it and really wish I hadn’t had to sell it.

I loved how user friendly it was, such an easy going couch guitar and would slip under your elbow so comfortably onstage or around the house. Light on the strap and comfy in the lap. Surprisingly loud and projecting sound with great tone and responsiveness. Not a super dry and honky blues machine like some LGs can be, but a great all-rounder. Like a baby J45.

Man, I enjoyed that guitar. 

I'm with you, Jinder.  I've had this for about 5 hours and I'm loving it.  It's not my J-45 which could never be replaced, but it's a really sweet sound with great balance--as you say, a great all-rounder.  Maybe you can weigh in on a post I just started about considering adding a pickguard!

And I get the cost of divorce issue...I was dumb enough to do it twice!

On 4/8/2022 at 10:32 PM, egoidealmusic said:

I really like this, but it just can't compare with that bigger, boomier sound!

I also agree, including the thinner studio models of the full sized guitars. Their sound just doesn't appeal to me as much as the standard models.