Gibson Brands Forums

Onward, 1978 by YES

"Onward" is solely credited to YES bassist Chris Squire, who had produced a demo version of the song on vocals and piano and presented it to the band.

This song is requested by, and dedicated to Chris Sanchez, a good friend who helped me with my recording set-up. Chris has been introducing me to songs I have not listened to before, and this beautiful song is one that I missed, and now, love!!!

This song is dedicated to all peoples of the world that is missing a loved one, lost a loved one, looking to be loved, and for the stone-hearted people who do not know love!!!
Most especially to the people you love!!!

https://youtu.be/HLnAC_ao0Cc

On 5/29/2022 at 10:01 PM, Rene Asologuita said:

"Onward" is solely credited to YES bassist Chris Squire, who had produced a demo version of the song on vocals and piano and presented it to the band.

This song is requested by, and dedicated to Chris Sanchez, a good friend who helped me with my recording set-up. Chris has been introducing me to songs I have not listened to before, and this beautiful song is one that I missed, and now, love!!!

This song is dedicated to all peoples of the world that is missing a loved one, lost a loved one, looking to be loved, and for the stone-hearted people who do not know love!!!
Most especially to the people you love!!!

https://youtu.be/HLnAC_ao0Cc

The first time I heard that song was in 1979, and was released the year before.  Its off Yes - Tormato. Sadly Chris passed in 2017, I think, and was an outstanding bassist, and also sang backup. His 1975 solo album Fish Out Of Water is very good. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

On 6/4/2022 at 8:06 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

The first time I heard that song was in 1979, and was released the year before.  Its off Yes - Tormato. Sadly Chris passed in 2017, I think, and was an outstanding bassist, and also sang backup. His 1975 solo album Fish Out Of Water is very good. 

Hi Sgt.Pepper,

I love this song, was introduced to me by a friend, and fell in love with it!

Thank you for your wonderful comments.

Rene