Gibson Brands Forums

Introduction

EpiLaney42

Howdy: Last year I purchased my first new guitar, an Epiphone SG Traditional. Well, really I first got a Jackson JS, and that was OK for a short while. My guitar teacher said the JS was the wrong guitar for what I wanted to do, so I returned it and the Line 6 amp and got the SG and an Orange amp. 

The teacher said to not mess with the guitar, but I love to tinker with things - that's how I learn. Anyway, the guitar has been apart for several months. Along the way it has been repainted as well. That's because I've reconfigured it to be in the style of a 61 SG. Now that most of the changes have been completed, I'm at the exciting part of the rebuild and putting it all back together. 

With all of the work and upgraded parts I figure that I've turned my $500 guitar into a $300 guitar!

On 7/28/2022 at 10:07 PM, EpiLaney42 said:

With all of the work and upgraded parts I figure that I've turned my $500 guitar into a $300 guitar!

Now go out and buy a 5k guitar and turn into a 3k guitar. 

Yeah its your do what you want with it. Welcome.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

• 6 months later...
On 7/29/2022 at 5:07 AM, EpiLaney42 said:

The teacher said to not mess with the guitar

Randomly found this thread, I'm also new here. Just wondering how the teacher told such things... I thought it's better when you're trying to understand things by yourself. I only used this source https://ca.edubirdie.com/essays-for-sale when I needed some help in college, but the most of educational staff, especially guitar-connected I learned by myself. That's really interesting and enjoyable! Anyway, you did right, wish us luck and success 😊

Edited by Bugbear