Gibson Brands Forums

WTB Epiphone Riviera Matsumoku

mimmo

Hi folks

I have been looking for this guitar for a long time with no chance. I found one with the frequensator, but I am looking for the latest version with the 335-like bridge.

Should you want to sell it please PM me. I am based in Italy. Thanks. 

Edited by mimmo

14 hours ago, mimmo said:

Hi folks

I have been looking for this guitar for a long time with no chance. I found one with the frequensator, but I am looking for the latest version with the 335-like bridge.

Should you want to sell it please PM me. I am based in Italy. Thanks. 

Buy the NG Riviera it’s cheaper and it’s a repro of the original Matsumoku Riviera which costs much more.

13 hours ago, Hype said:

Buy the NG Riviera it’s cheaper and it’s a repro of the original Matsumoku Riviera which costs much more.

Thanks Hype.

I have been windering about the new NG Riviera, byt I am not sure abiut the neck: the reissue has the slim taper neck, but I read somewhere that the originals have chunky necks. Do you know if it is true? 

6 hours ago, mimmo said:

Thanks Hype.

I have been windering about the new NG Riviera, byt I am not sure abiut the neck: the reissue has the slim taper neck, but I read somewhere that the originals have chunky necks. Do you know if it is true? 

@AldoMcD1Dude I think you can definitely answer this one..

Hi @mimmo - the neck on the original and the reissue look / feel about the same to me.
Not too thin and not too chunky like a baseball bat.....somewhere in the middle.

The originals do not come up for sale very often so it could be a long time before you find one for sale on the used market.
Not sure what these are selling for now but expect to pay a premium price. 

If you really want one, an option could be to buy the new reissue and sell this in future if you eventually manage to find an original Matsumoku model to replace it with.

Took me many years to find one - good luck with your search.

1 hour ago, AldoMcD1 said:

Hi @mimmo - the neck on the original and the reissue look / feel about the same to me.
Not too thin and not too chunky like a baseball bat.....somewhere in the middle.

The originals do not come up for sale very often so it could be a long time before you find one for sale on the used market.
Not sure what these are selling for now but expect to pay a premium price. 

If you really want one, an option could be to buy the new reissue and sell this in future if you eventually manage to find an original Matsumoku model to replace it with.

Took me many years to find one - good luck with your search.

Hi @AldoMcD1 thanks a lot for this detailed answer, much appreciated. I have followed your advice and pre-ordered my NG Riviera, now the waiting begins.

I have seen that you also got the signature 355, you have an amazing Noel Gallagher guitar collection! Hat off to you, sir.

@Hype thank you for your help.