Gibson Brands Forums

1967 Gibson ES 335 TDW

1967ES335TDW

Came across a vintage Gibson of all places a local Pawn Shop

They showed it in stock last week but was told it was being held till Friday

SO, I go by 1st thing Saturday & it is gone from the stock & again was being held but not telling me so

Fast forward to Tuesday & I stop in & am then told it will be held only till 7:00pm at close, so I hang out till closing

Now I am being told it will have to be priced which it was last week @ $1000, which I had in my pocket the whole time

Found it by searching their inventory & find lots of Guns & Guitars this way below current market value

My two Gibsons currently are Les Paul Studio Lite M-III & The Hawk

These IMO are not VINTAGE but after doing some research on this Walnut ES-335 TDW with Serial # 894293 seems to be a 1967 Walnut ES335

It has the orange sticker within the F Hole, is not marked Made in USA & has no volute

It is in fairly good shape for being 55 years old

I am going back there in the morning for the 4th time on this guitar alone with $1000 CASH

I took my youngest son with me last Friday & they let him plug it up & give it a five-minute inspection through an amp, He's 31 BTW

Everything looks right as far as wear & condition + parts etc., the case isn't original but is also vintage = 40+ years old & fits but isn't a hard case, not Gibson Gear

The Guitar seems to have that Majic Mojo that only comes from being played for decades

It needs a setup & a new set of .010"s, it also has the nylon saddles in the bridge + Kluson tuners & the trapeze tailpiece 

I would like to remove the truss rod cover & one of the pickups but am not sure I will be let to do so???

I was born in 1966 BTW & this could be the oldest guitar I have ever bought

IS THIS GUITAR WORTH $1000???

NO Photos YET!

I found a few online like it but there are always some differences

It appears 100% Original with no modifications

More to Come Tomorrow unless I get another story & I may just let the deal drop because of them wasting my time

GaryS.

The deal didn't happen, they wasted my time all along & lied to us about it

Figures

They should have never let us see & play that guitar IF it was being held for someone else

Hate being lied too

Well, I have my grand in cash & went shopping at a big guitar store afterwards & bought nothing, not even a guitar pick

When you get as old as I am you don't come across many guitars or basses that talk like they used too

Let's Hope So~~~

That 335 may show its head there again

It almost seemed like they didn't want ME to have it

I was lied to about it 3-4 times now

Went through this with a handgun they showed there far below market value, viewable online

Eventually I walked in one day & the handgun was on the shelf, they were supposed to call me but never did & they get commission on the sales there too

Sold it later & made $100 on it SO~~~

They have no idea what year or how valuable that guitar is & they manager might actually know the original owner

There are some shady deals that happen there

Like showing it one day & the next they didn't BUT still had it, = manager removed it from inventory doing the original owner a favor OR???

They knew I would see it if they didn't