Gibson Brands Forums

L-00 Size Case Options

jheath

Hey Gang.  I'm picking up a very special L-00 based boutique build today and am SUPER excited.  I played it at the shop yesterday and am over the moon with the way it turned out.  I will send pics and details once I have it, but something has been bugging me since I went to check it out yesterday.  I'll be honest, I didn't spec anything specific, but the guitar is being provided with a pretty basic TKL case.  I don't like the way it fits in the case and given that this is one of the more expensive instruments I will have / own, I would like something a little better for a case.  

Since the L-00 size is not quite off the rack 00 sized, does anyone have any specific recommendations for a case?   I'd love a Calton or something of that ilk, but that'll be a bit far out of budget at a current price of $1500 US.  I won't be gigging this guitar and it won't be transported very regularly, I would just like something nice and protective as this is a pretty special guitar.  

One option I had seen elsewhere was a Hiscox classical size case and that is interesting to me.  I've heard good things about them.  

3 hours ago, jheath said:

Hey Gang.  I'm picking up a very special L-00 based boutique build today and am SUPER excited.  I played it at the shop yesterday and am over the moon with the way it turned out.  I will send pics and details once I have it, but something has been bugging me since I went to check it out yesterday.  I'll be honest, I didn't spec anything specific, but the guitar is being provided with a pretty basic TKL case.  I don't like the way it fits in the case and given that this is one of the more expensive instruments I will have / own, I would like something a little better for a case.  

Since the L-00 size is not quite off the rack 00 sized, does anyone have any specific recommendations for a case?   I'd love a Calton or something of that ilk, but that'll be a bit far out of budget at a current price of $1500 US.  I won't be gigging this guitar and it won't be transported very regularly, I would just like something nice and protective as this is a pretty special guitar.  

One option I had seen elsewhere was a Hiscox classical size case and that is interesting to me.  I've heard good things about them.  

Yeah but with a Carlton Case you can do all these thing to your new axe and it will be safe as bug in a rug. Most people I know have blow torches, don't you?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Even though say my two L Series Gibsons date to the 1920s and early-1930s, I tend to pick cases based not on what I paid for the instrument or what it is worth today but on how much traveling it is going to do with me.  And that ain't near as much as it once was.  That does not mean I go with the cheapest case out there but prefer use cases more in the middling price range such as Harptone and Cedar Creek (both of which fall under the TKL Banner).  Ameritage cases (which is what I house my 1942 J50 in) are also a good buy and provide amazing protection but weigh as much as a boat anchor guaranteeing you will be doing some arm switching when carrying them down the street.

Edited by zombywoof

8 hours ago, jheath said:

I have a Hiscox classical guitar case that might fit your new L-00

If you’re interested, send me the key measurements of your guitar & I’ll see if my case is a good fit.

If it’s a match we can discuss a sale at a fair price + shipping Condition is very good. It’s a great case which I no longer use.

Best regards, Pete

• Like 1