Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone NY Spectrum repros?

Ricochet

I'll just leave this here. I moved on to greener pastures(Gretsch-talk). I'm assuming it's news to you like it was to me.

8.14 and 8.22K on the MM. Clean leads, protective plastic, never installed.
Note the two HB coils peeking their nose out from behind the baseplate. I'm guesstimating it has the same guts of the Pro minis.

Can we expect Epiphone updating their archtop/hollow body line and/or Wilshires?

Ciggie for scale. They're small.

7C0F7406-3C2F-4ED3-8124-3B6FCF04258D.thumb.jpeg.380b3418b7c21b48c0b44d400e4c280a.jpeg

22 hours ago, cunningham26 said:

innnteresting. While i'd love to see them put this on an archtop, i imagine them doing a coronet RI or maybe a '59 sheraton RI

I’d love to see them on anything really.

Anyway, I just received word from Gibson support. They say: “Unfortunately, there is no available records in our system ( digital) regarding this pickup type.

Also, we didn't receive any official information regarding an eventual re-introduction of the pickup in question.”

Hmm, so when is the next NAMM again? 😆

it's going to be so boring to see agnesi grinning ear to ear talking about how hendrix and ace frehly played coronets like it wasnt 60 years ago for a few months until they moved onto something better. 

now if they learned from their archtop run a few years back that there is a little market for 'em, and do a nicely spec'd zephyr, now we're cookin!

11 hours ago, cunningham26 said:

it's going to be so boring to see agnesi grinning ear to ear talking about how hendrix and ace frehly played coronets like it wasnt 60 years ago for a few months until they moved onto something better. 

now if they learned from their archtop run a few years back that there is a little market for 'em, and do a nicely spec'd zephyr, now we're cookin!

A Hendrix sig Coronet would make more sense than a Strat. 😅

A Zephyr would be amazing. I have a Zephyr Blues Deluxe with 3 P90s which is lovely and all, but it basically can be viewed as a low rent Gibson ES-5.
Epiphone has too much heritage to ignore.   It’s a solid brand with a historically strong identity that Gibson the company, needs to explore to their own benefit. These “NY” Spectrum pickups are a good step in the right direction, if only aesthetically. Let’s hope they bring back the Carousel/pinwheel knobs while at it. I’m looking for those but ain’t paying vintage prices. 😬