Gibson Brands Forums

Meet Up At The Movies

Sgt. Pepper

I can't remember if I posted this, but this Thursday  is the 10th annual Meet Up At The Movies. They will be playing an entire Grateful Dead show form 6/22/91 taken from Solider Field. It is supposedly the best show of that tour. I didn't see The Dead that year as I was stationed in Japan. I'm sure I will have to smell Patchouli Oil and there will no doubt be people who will have smoked some weed in the parking lot, myself included. I'm probably gonna wear my Terrapin Station t-shirt. Bruce Hornsby and Vince Welnick are both on keys. Brent died a year earlier, and 95% of the shows I saw live had him in that seat.

Its only 2 nights in selected theaters. Its on the 22nd and 24th of June around the country (USA).

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

So if anyone cares here is the set list for the show at the movies last night. It was picked due to supposedly to be the best show of that tour. I would hate to be at the worst. It wasn't bad just not that stellar. I would give it a B-.  When they came out for the second set, Jerry looked like he was free basing back stage. 

Soldier Field, Chicago, IL (6/22/91)

Hell in a Bucke
Shakedown Street
Wang Dang Doodle
Friend of the Devil
Masterpiece
Brown Eyed Women
Let It Grow

Foolish Heart
Looks Like Rain
Crazy Fingers
Playin' in the Band
Terrapin Station
drums
space
Dark Star (not all of it just a bit)
Playin' Reprise
Black Peter
One More Saturday Night

The Weight
Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

So if anyone cares here is the set list for the show at the movies last night. It was picked due to supposedly to be the best show of that tour. I would hate to be at the worst. It wasn't bad just not that stellar. I would give it a B-.  When they came out for the second set, Jerry looked like he was free basing back stage. 

Soldier Field, Chicago, IL (6/22/91)

Hell in a Bucke
Shakedown Street
Wang Dang Doodle
Friend of the Devil
Masterpiece
Brown Eyed Women
Let It Grow

Foolish Heart
Looks Like Rain
Crazy Fingers
Playin' in the Band
Terrapin Station
drums
space
Dark Star (not all of it just a bit)
Playin' Reprise
Black Peter
One More Saturday Night

The Weight

looks like a decent set. yea, Garcia just didn't seem to care, for a long time. 

12 minutes ago, Karloff said:

looks like a decent set. yea, Garcia just didn't seem to care, for a long time. 

I first started seeing them in '85. One of the best shows was when Jerry got out of one of his Rehabs. He was bouncing around and not just standing there like a fat lump of dung. He was very overweight at that concert. 

Jerry was playing Rosebud at Solider Field. Bob played some Strat looking custom made guitar. I could not make out the name on the headstock, and Phil was playing a 6 string Ken Smith bass.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

34 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I first started seeing them in '85. One of the best shows was when Jerry got out of one of his Rehabs. He was bouncing around and not just standing there like a fat lump of dung. He was very overweight at that concert. 

Jerry was playing Rosebud at Solider Field. Bob played some Strat looking custom made guitar. I could not make out the name on the headstock, and Phil was playing a 6 string Ken Smith bass.

yep, I recall seeing them a few times during a period I later heard that he was clean, and it was a noticeable difference. saw them at Hampton Roads Coliseum in '83 or '84 and I swear I thought he was going to fall over dead. never moved, never opened his eyes, sweating bullets. played like crap. 

12 minutes ago, Karloff said:

yep, I recall seeing them a few times during a period I later heard that he was clean, and it was a noticeable difference. saw them at Hampton Roads Coliseum in '83 or '84 and I swear I thought he was going to fall over dead. never moved, never opened his eyes, sweating bullets. played like crap. 

I used to live about 5 miles from the Hampton Coliseum when I lived in Newport News.  I only saw KISS there. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper