Gibson Brands Forums

Help navigating?

PrairieDog

Hi, New here, and sorry,  I”m trying to figure out how to search use the forums.  I’m trying to search for threads about the Doves in Flight.  But it only lets me search every 2 or 3 minutes.  That is really cumbersome since my searches are not turning up any threads. What am I doing wrong?  

All I’m getting is posts that contain the  words “doves” “in” or “flight”! I’ve tried using quotes and no quotes, setting my search preferences to find “all the search terms.” Nothing is working.  Having to wait minutes before I can try a new search a different way is a total bummer.  So I give up and go play somewhere else.  

I know somebody must have talked about this guitar someplace.  I stumbled on to a thread about a fellow who totally lucked out at an auction, but that was a link off a google search. I came here to find out more, and I’m just stymied. That can’t be the only thread, can it?  

The other thing I’d like to know is there a way to “like” comments I read?  I’m finding all kinds of good info here in between the search, and I see folks interacting, but where are the buttons to do that?

Thanks so much for helping a newbie out.   (Guitar photo added for question tax.)

IMG_3113.jpeg

• Like 1

Suggest you re-post this in the acoustic section, including the photo.

Beautiful guitar - I like it by going to the heart symbol (bottom right of posts) and selecting the like option.  You will see the symbol on everyone's posts but your own.

[thumbup]

Edited by jdgm

3 minutes ago, jdgm said:

Suggest you re-post this in the acoustic section, including the photo.

Beautiful guitar - I like it by going to the heart symbol (bottom right of posts) and selecting the like option.  You will see the symbol on everyone's posts but your own.

[thumbup]

Thanks! I am a bit in love with my guitar.  I was hoping to post over there, and I was trying to find the best spot, so I don’t clutter up people’s feeds. That’s when I ran into the search issue.   Re “liking” (and other folks have mentioned this) there is no active heart for me to press. I can see hearts with numbers in the middle, indicating folks liked the comment, but when I press it nothing happens.  I managed to find a post that referred to “all access” folks being able to do it, but “members” can’t? Part of my searching frustration is trying to find any info on what the different membership levels are or how you get them.  I wish Gibson had a pinned FAQ on how to use the forums, like they the rules.  Anyway, I do truly appreciate your taking the time to try to help me out.  In any case, consider your reply “liked!” happy strumming/shredding as the case may be, chuckle.  

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

That's one beautiful guitar.

Thanks and hey, Small world, I was born up north, but my old family roots were in the New Braunfels/Seguin/San Marcos area, Visited a few times, but I knew Wimberly the best.  A pretty area, and you guys have some great bbq down there!

On 7/29/2023 at 3:56 PM, PrairieDog said:

Thanks and hey, Small world, I was born up north, but my old family roots were in the New Braunfels/Seguin/San Marcos area, Visited a few times, but I knew Wimberly the best.  A pretty area, and you guys have some great bbq down there!

I'm still learning the area, I've been here 1.5 years. You are correct about the good bbq down here. I have not been disappointed once by anyone's recommendation yet. There's some pretty good Mexican food also!

• Like 1